Sacramento Master Singers Patron Services & Business Coordinator
Part-time; year-round; approximately 20 hours per week (hours are significantly fewer during summer months and significantly higher during concert weeks); remote with some local travel required. Flexible schedule to be determined; attendance at dress rehearsals and concerts required. Must be based in the Sacramento area. Valid driver’s license and access to high-speed Internet required.
About the Position:
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operational tasks for the organization including maintaining relationships with patrons (ticket buyers, donors, singers, ushers, and venues), managing all administrative and marketing duties, and serves as the main point of contact for securing and communicating with venues. The Patron Services Coordinator shall be responsible for providing a monthly update to the board that includes ticket sales data, donation data, and other important updates. The Patron Services Coordinator shall attend monthly board meetings as requested. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Online setup and processing of ticket sales
- Liaising with venues and vendors
- Processing contracts and keeping accurate records of all venue contacts, contracts, and procedures
- Creating and sending marketing emails, press releases, social media posts
- Proofing all correspondence and marketing materials
- Working with the Board of Directors on grant preparations and donation solicitations
- Checking SMS’s mailbox, opening and disseminating mail
- Answering and returning phone calls
- Maintaining accurate records and correspondence with ushers and other volunteers
- Scheduling auditions
- Working with new singers to integrate them into the organization
- Maintaining the SMS roster
- Management of the group’s chorus member management software
- Keeping the SMS Operations Manual up-to-date
- Assisting with the organization’s scholarship program
- Attending and representing SMS at special events including the Big Day of Giving and Race for the Arts
- Retrieving items from and returning them to the SMS storage unit
- Maintaining important dates on Google Calendar and chorus management software
- Pull monthly reports from online software for accounting
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Attributes:
- Associate degree or higher (or significant relative experience)
- Excellent customer service skills, written, verbal and face-to-face
- Excellent writing skills: correspondence, familiarity with marketing and grants
- Accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work remotely
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines in a self-directed, prioritized, and calm manner; flexibility to meet changing needs and priorities as they occur; resourcefulness and follow-through
- Experience with database and ticket management systems preferred
- Advanced computer and technology skills including Google Drive and Google Calendar, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact
- Experience with WordPress
- Ability to learn new software and programs quickly and easily
- Experience with social media, particularly Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Strong research skills
- Willingness to support the organization’s mission; Interest in the arts and nonprofit sector
- Interest in music and choral arts a plus
- The successful candidate must be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 prior to their start date.
$20-22/hour depending on experience.
Sick leave in compliance with California Law.
Twice a month
Please attach your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. References may be requested at a later date. Please do not call SMS with questions. Potential candidates will be contacted via email to set up Zoom interviews. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employee:
It is the policy of the Sacramento Master Singers to provide all persons with equal employee opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, marital status or any characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.